Friday, March 16, 2012

March 23... I can't wait!


I loved the Hunger Games novels! Since we had to read the last one for class I thought I would read the first two just to get the background on the world, and that third one would make more sense then. I went out and bought the first one and I have been hooked ever since. It was addicting, I read the first one in day and then I had to wait a whole 5 hours to go home and start the second one.  The next day I had to restrain myself from bringing the second one to school, because if I did, I wouldn’t have worked on any homework.

I think out of the three, that the first one was my favorite, it just opens everything up and I love how she laid out the characters and how she has memories, intertwined with what is happening now.  I liked the games part, one because I had never read anything like it. Two because she does a good job at making you feel like you are there in the game. Katniss goes from knowing the cameras are there to just trying to make it to the end, and the fact that the world is watching her doesn’t really matter, and she doesn’t really play for the camera….except for when she is in the cave with Peeta…one could argue there that it is to save his life, or get food.

Just overall I really liked the series and I am upset that there isn’t another one for me to devour.  I was at Barnes and Nobel a couple weekends ago, and they had all the Huger Games stuff; posters, books, shirts. I wanted to go crazy and get it all, I had to refrain and I will just buy the movie tickets instead. I heard that they are expecting that premier weekend it will break all the records previously set, by Twilight, Harry Potter.

Here are a couple interesting websites:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hunger_games/ - It got good reviews from the critics….wow!

This one is for the major fans: http://shop.cafepress.com/hungergamesmovie

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if we could compare and contrast how the book and the movie depict Katniss' awareness of the cameras and her struggle to understand her real feelings vs. her performance.

    ReplyDelete